413.223.78




413.223.78


This video performance is based on the idea of ​​a scientific-ethnographic analysis.

Object of Study: Body.

Subject: Female.

Nationality: Peruvian.

Racial Identity: Hybrid.

I am Peruvian by birth and growth, but some people in Peru see me and think I'm foreign, they speak to me in English (or else they believe I am Spanish, Argentinian, Chilean, even Brazilian) and they wont believe or accept that I am Peruvian, is a fact that my 'body image' is not identified with a typical 'woman' identified or recognized as 'Peruvian'.
 

BUT...

What really makes us "being" Peruvians?
Why, in the XXI century, we still get carried away by appearances to define a certain nationality or cultural identity?
What does that say about us? Are we aware of this? And why do we consent it?



 

El video-performance esta basado en la idea de un analisis cientifico-etnografico.

Objeto de Estudio: Cuerpo.
Sujeto: Mujer.
Nacionalidad: Peruana.
Identidad Racial: Hibrida.

Soy Peruana de nacimiento y crecimiento, sin embargo algunas personas en el Perú me ven y piensan que soy extranjera, me hablan en ingles (o sino creen q soy espaniola, argentina, chilena, hasta brasilera) y no me creen que soy peruana; es un hecho que mi 'imagen fisica' no esta identificada con la de una 'mujer' vista y/o reconocida como 'peruana'.

¿Qué es lo que realmente nos hace "ser" peruanos?
¿Por qué, en el siglo XXI, aun nos dejamos llevar por las apariencias para definir una determinada nacionalidad o identidad cultural?
¿Qué dice eso de nosotros? ¿Somos concientes de esto? ¿Y lo consentimos?


Enero 2011
Video-Performance
Concepto, acción y dirección: Lorena Peña
Edicion: Mariana Rocha
Colaboracion: Rilke Guillen y Ana Andrade

January 2011
Video-Performance
Concept, Action and Direction: Lorena Peña
Editing: Mariana Rocha
Collaborator: Rilke Guillen and Ana Andrade.